St. Stephen's: Welcome Youth Club Youth Worker Vacancy
St Stephen’s is a small and welcoming Church which is very much a part of the local community. As part of our ministry to Children in our parish we have a thriving church youth club for 7 – 11yr olds, which meets on Friday evenings in term-time only from 6.00pm to 7.30pm, in our spacious church hall and grounds. We are now looking for a new part time youth worker. The successful applicant will have the full support of the Church family in their work.
The role will be: To supervise and develop work with the children of the church Youth Club through existing structures and resources, working within our child safeguarding policies and collaborating with the church Safeguarding Officer. Hours will be 3.5hrs per week and remuneration is £8.75 per hour, plus out-of-pocket and travel expenses.
We are looking to appoint a committed Christian who has the ability to:
- • Foster spiritual growth and discipleship within young people
- • Strengthen and develop the links between Youth Club and church worshipping community.
- • Relate effectively with people of all ages
- • Attract, motivate and nurture volunteer Youth Club Leaders and helpers
- • Organise staffing rotas
- • Organise, with the help of volunteers, structured and attractive activities for the children
- • Report directly to the Vicar
Hightown station is just three minutes from the church, on the Northern Line; 25 minutes from Liverpool Central and 15 minutes from Southport, with trains every 15 minutes.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the successful applicant be a committed Christian. The post is exempt from Religion Legislation under para. 7 of the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003.
Funding for this post has been guaranteed by the PCC for one year in the first instance.
Download a copy here